Monday, June 1, 2009

analog versus digital music PART I

analog versus digital music


Part I (The intro)

Ok... I am not afraid to admit it.... I LOVE MUSIC!!! Music is wonderful and powerful, there is nothing else on this earth that can replace the magic of music. I can still remember the first time I heard Beethoven’s 5th symphony, to the first time a power cord rings through my soul. Just a bunch of dots juxtaposed on 5 lines on paper, how deceiving of a disguise to pure genius and the transparencies of our mortal souls.


Where would any of us be without music to sympathize with us? Without music I would have never been able to calm overly emotional and hormonal teenage years. Nothing could have satisfied my emotional needs than the melancholy strumming of a minor chord, or cries from a lyrical genius that had obviously been through what I’ve been through. Music is the way we all connect.


I’ve been obsessed with music long before I picked up my first guitar. Ever changing tastes, ever changing standards and ever surprising discoveries. Analog versus digital is a very debatable subject. Just because technology has gotten does mean the product is better. For example, the album “SGT Pepper and the lonely hearts club band” by the Beatles is an amazing body of work, It came out right around the time stereo came out, so the record company wanted it to be in stereo, but the band didn’t care for stereo at the time and only mixed the mono version leaving the stereo version in the hands of others. Both is good... but the mono version is by far superior.


No comments:

Post a Comment